Monday, August 18, 2014

10 Day "You" Challenge: Six Places

Its Monday, another week about to start, and after a great weekend it was difficult for me to roll myself out of bed for work. While our weekend was jammed packed full of activities it was still a much needed break from all the crazy travelling and running around we've been doing this past summer.  

Friday night we did something we rarely do, skipped the gym and went to the local high school by our house and played some tennis.  It had been a while since I even held a racket and I am pretty sure Brandon got a serious abdominal work out just from laughing at some of my very skilled shots and misses :) my workout came from chasing around all the balls I missed. 


 No matter it was a great start to the rest of the weekend and we spent the rest of it hiking at Deep Creek in Nine Mile Falls, kayaking down the Little Spokane River (saw some moose crossing the river), out to dinner, and even got a little wild and crazy with more than one drink at dinner on Saturday night :).  


For a weekend where we only seriously worked out (biked, gym, etc) once it left both of us exhausted and plastered to the couch on Sunday night.  While training is not really on hold as my season is not over just yet, with a 70.3 the middle of September and a marathon the end of October, taking a short break from the scheduled training workouts was a great break, especially when spending it with such an amazing person.

To continue the fun from the weekend I get to spend the next few minutes day dreaming about six places I want to travel to for the next segment of 10 day "you" challenge.


Australia: With their kola bears, kangaroos, and sexy accents Who doesn't want to go to Australia? 

Monuments on the east coast: I am very much a west coast girl. I have zero desire to ever live on the east coast or in all honestly really never have had much of a desire to visit; I could care less if I ever make it to NYC.  However, I am a huge history buff and would love to do the quick and dirty historical tour of the area to visit all the monuments and museums.

Heli skiing in Alaska:  Now I know this isn't totally a "place" but the place comes through the action.  There is one caveat with this--my father has to be with me. 



Greece: My parents both have glowing reports about Greece; its beauty and charm.  I want to swim in the Blue Grotto, visit the Parthenon, Santorini; basically I want to explore all of it. 

This may not be a specific place but I want to do a triathlon somewhere crazy. For example the Los Cabos Ironman, Austria, St. Croix, etc.  These races are always set in some of the most beautiful parks and I want to experience all of the beauty I can.

Norway: Norway is a large part of my heritage with my great great grandparents coming over to America from there and I have always wanted to visit.


Traveling has always been exciting for me.  It was something that my family has always done together, every year growing up we would take one to two big trips and even now with my sister and I scattered from  the home base we make it a priority to all get together somewhere fun for a week or so.  My only wish that I can pass the tradition along and share the joys and excitement of adventure with my future family and the people that I love. 

What exotic places do you dream of?  What cool places have you visited? 

No comments:

Post a Comment