Friday, August 29, 2014

10 Day "You" Challenge: Five Foods

Hello everyone!!! 
So I know this may be a little bit late and it has been a little longer since my last post.  Not going to lie I believe I have mostly been lazy! :) Still training but just a little bit lazy when it comes to writing.

But today I get to talk about food and who doesn't love food?!?!



Food is actually a tricky subject for me as I constantly battle the lingering affects of an eating disorder that took over my life my sophomore year of college.  While it is something that I have overcome it is still a battle every day to remind myself that I am healthy and strong just the way that I am.  It is still a struggle to look in the mirror and like what I see or step on that scale and not worry that people aren't going to "like" me because of a number.  Despite that food has always been a joy in my life; I love to bake (I make a mean batch of brownies, cook, and try new recipes.

I have come to love food again and found my joy of baking and cooking again because I don't feel guilty for actually eating the food that I create.  That being said I do have some favorites:

Salad: Yes I know technically it is rabbit food but to me there is something so satisfying about a HUGE salad (especially restaurant salads).  Now when I say "salad" or "huge salad" I don't just mean some lettuce out of a bag with a little bit of cheese and drizzle of ranch.  I want a salad with STUFF!! Cheese, crumbles, nuts, fruit, meat, avocado, etc.

Ribs: I LOVE RIBS!! Fall off the bone pork ribs that have been slow cooked in the oven for 3 hours, finished off on the BBQ with sweet honey BBQ sauce--oh and maybe a side of corn on the cobb.  

 


Peanut butter toast with bananas and honey: There isn't much else to say about this it is just fantastic.  

Power bars (nutrition bars): Alright don't laugh.  Yes I know that power bars probably aren't the kind of food you were thinking off when I told you I was going to talk about food today, but they cannot be left off my list.  I could easily eat three or four power bars a day if I thought it would be a complete nutritious diet plan.

Watermelon: In reality this should say fruit in general as I usually don't go a day without eating some fruit but watermelon is high on the list.  I can easily sit down and eat a whole watermelon in one sitting--I usually feel very bloated and fully of water after but its totally worth it.  I remember in high school my friend Jess and I would buy a half a watermelon grab two spoons and just go to town on the thing.  Tasted so good!

So now lets here it!! 
What are your favorite foods to eat? Do you have any favorite recipes?? If so please share I love to try out new foods and recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment